Monday, January 2, 2012

Childish Fun: Day 4

Today I did a lot of wire bending and cutting, and have broken in my hands for good... meaning I got my first two blisters.  Yuppers, folks!  I'm a bonafide construction worker.

We had our normal 6 hour workday, with some awesome pork barbecue sandwiches for lunch (I ate two and half... yeah that's how good they were).  The absolute best part of the day was later though.

See, it started to downpour while we were working, and by the time we came home we were soaked and muddy.  One of my roommates, (my partner in crime for the Amazing Race) said, "Hey!  We're already wet so let's go jump in the clothes with our clothes on."  (This is on her bucket list, so of course we wanted to help her cross it off.)  So it was still a massive downpour outside and five of us ventured out to the pool.  It was more like "shimmied-out" to the pool because we were so cold from being wet all day. Anyway, we made an event out of swimming in the pool with our clothes on.

IT WAS PHENOMENAL!

I felt like a little kid without a care in the world!

She even had an underwater digital camera... stay tuned on facebook for those lil' gems. 

I'm really fascinated by her bucket list.  She has funny things on it like jumping in a pool with all your clothes, and more typical ones on there like visit every continent.  I'm already inspired and have started planning my own bucket list!

At night we played an intense card game of Egyptian Rat (Cat) Screw, and finished off the night hanging out in one of our rooms and chatting.  Brings back the good ol' days of slumber parties and ghost stories.  All we needed was a campfire to roast marshmallows and a random man singing Kumbaya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment